Palettes is a powerful iOS productivity tool for creating and maintaining color palettes. Turn your iOS device into a portable color creation tool. Now you can create a color palette anywhere at anytime. Great for creating color schemes. Grab colors from a photograph, a website, or add colors using any one of 5 color models. Quickly find matching colors with support for many different color schemes.
Palettes comes in one of three levels: Free, Basic, and Pro. The Free version can be upgraded from directly within the application to the other levels giving you greater functionality. When you first install Palettes you get the Pro level for free. After a limited number of launches of Palettes you will automatically revert back to the Free level. You can upgrade to another level at any time before or after this demo period.
Palettes Pro is also available directly. This version has exactly the same functionality as Palettes upgraded to the Pro level.
Featured in The 20 best iPhone apps for designers.
Featured in the September 2012 issue of "Guide to Phone Apps".
Featured in issue #71 of Photoshop creative magazine.
Featured in Photoshop Australia magazine.
Featured in Home Improvement Tools You Need Right Now at Choice Home Warranty.
Fantastic - Graphic designers, illustrators, web designers will find this app one of the best color palette tools ever. Easy to use, comprehensive, useful, what more could you want? - Australia
Brilliant! - This is so awesome! It's easy to use and you can grab [palettes] from anywhere! It's the most [convenient] swatch book ever! - Australia
Magnificent application! - Extraordinary application, a breathtaking achievement! ... - France
A must-have for Web and Graphic Designers - The ability to automatically load colour palettes from a website is a very inventive and valuable feature. - United Kingdom
Graphic designers and web designers - buy this! - United States
Innovative color combination app ... - United States
Best Color App Around - I reviewed all of the other apps available for the iPod Touch/iPhone and found this one to be far superior to the others. The devloper has done an amazing job in providing a very functional and versatile tool at an extremely reasonable price... - United States
- Single universal app runs on all iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch).
- Quickly create a color palette from a web site, image, camera, or color scheme.
- Import/Export palettes from/to Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Fireworks, GIMP, Paintshop Pro, and OS X Color Chooser. (Pro)
- Import/Export palettes via email. Team development made easy with one click import. (Pro)
- Backup and restore Palettes data directly to/from your own computer, iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, or FTP servers. (Basic, Pro)
- Import and export palette files directly to/from your own computer, iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, or FTP servers. (Pro)
- Transfer data via iTunes, via WiFi and your computer's web browser, your iCloud account, your Dropbox account, your Google Drive account, your Box account, or an FTP server..
- Email color palettes to friends and co-workers.
Pick colors from:
- RGB, HSV (HSB), HSL, CMYK, or Gray scale sliders.
- Standard colors lists (SVG, Web Safe, HTML, Java, Apple) or other palettes.
- A website URL (webpage, image, CSS file, 3rd party palette file).
- An image or camera.
- Any valid CSS3 color representation.
- Create colors via color blending (Pro adds using 1 of 4 color models).
- Create colors via color schemes (monochromatic (Pro), analogous, triadic (Pro), complementary, split complementary (Pro)).
- Review color details (integer, hex, percent, decimal, CSS).
- Preview a color as both a foreground and background color.
- Display a color full screen to compare against a real world item (press and hold color briefly).
- "Palette Flow". Turn the main screen sideways. (not on iPad)
- Palette preview screen.
- Review image used to create palette.
- Backup a palette as an image in your photo library for later restore. (Basic, Pro)
- Rename, reorder, or delete palettes.
- Sort palette colors by RGB, HSV/B, HSL, CMYK, or Gray color model. (Pro)
- All work is saved as you go.
- Always remembers where you left off last.
- Built in context sensitive help system.
- Preferences can be set from within the application. (Basic, Pro)
|Number of palettes||3||Any||Any|
|Colors per palette||5||5||25|
|Create palette from website||x||x||x|
|Create palette from image||x||x||x|
|Create palette from scheme||x||x|
|Create palette from 3rd party palette files||x|
|Email palette to others||x||x||x|
|Backup and restore palettes||x||x|
|Import/Export 3rd party palette files||x|
|Sort palette colors||x|
|Blend with different color models||x|
|Supported color schemes||2||2||5|
|Context sensitive help||x||x||x|
Changes in version 6.0
- iOS 7 support.
- New setting for the number of colors to extract from photos. (Pro)
- Simply tap the trash icon to delete the currently selected color instead of dragging the color to the trash.
- Require iOS 5.1 or later.
This update also fixes a few issues.
Changes in version 5.0
- Support for iPhone 5/5th generation iPod touch.
- Select the desired palettes and formats when exporting palettes. (Pro)
- Picture selection can now be done from additional sources.
- When adding a palette from a photo URL or a selected picture, you can now crop and edit the image before extracting the colors.
- Improved keyboards for the Sliders tab of the color chooser.
- When exporting all palettes via WiFi, palettes created from images show the image thumbnail. (Pro)
- You can now include the HTML representation of a palette when exporting palettes. (Pro)
- You can now include the image used to create a palette when exporting palettes. (Pro)
- Support for data transfers with Box accounts. (Pro, Basic)
- Support for data transfers with FTP servers. (Pro, Basic)
- Support for multiple Dropbox, Google Drive, and Box accounts. (Pro, Basic)
- Requires iOS 5.0 or greater.
- Help screen now presented by double-tapping any screen title.
- User interface changes for Data Tranfer. (Pro, Basic)
- More flexible options when exporting palettes. (Pro)
- Replaced Google docs support with Google Drive. (Pro, Basic)
- WiFi transfers can now be done on a specific port. (Pro, Basic)
- Added ability to view feature matrix in Palettes Pro.
Bug Fixes - iPad only
- Fixed ability to resize help window.
- Fixed the disappearance of a Color Info window after rotating the iPad which in turn prevents the ability to drag colors from the palette.
- Fixed ability to move a color between two palettes if they are the same palette.
- Fixed ability to drag a palette from the Palettes list while renaming a palette.
Changes in version 4.0
- Data transfer via iCloud, Dropbox, or Google docs. (Basic, Pro)
- Now require iPhone OS 4.2 or greater.
- Compatibility with iOS 5.0.
- Minor user interface changes.
- Minor bug fixes.
Changes in version 3.0
- Full support for iPad.
- Settings moved inside the application.
- Data Transfer via USB/iTunes or WiFi/Web browser.
- Image thumbnails displayed for palettes created from images.
- All palette colors shown on main palettes list.
- Minimum iOS version of 3.1.3.
- Full support for iOS 4.0 and later.
- Full support for high resolution screens.
- Many small user interface improvements and changes.
Changes in version 2.0.2
- Fix issue when run under iOS 4.0
Changes in version 2.0.1
- Updated icon for Palettes Pro.
- Removed access to COLOURlovers.
- Minor bug fixes.
Changes in version 2.0
- Now require iPhone OS 3.0 or greater.
- Using in app purchasing you now upgrade functionality to Palettes Basic and/or Palettes Pro.
- Import and Export Adobe Color Table (act) files (Pro).
- Third party palette files now sent via email as regular email attachments instead of links (Pro).
- Emailing a palette no longer exits Palettes (Pro).
- Don't automatically present palette rename screen after importing palette from URL.
- Allow user to change sample colors (double tap) in the Preview pane of the Info palette view (Pro).
- Minor user interface adjustments.
Changes in version 1.6
- Viewing the main palette list in landscape mode presents Palette Flow. Tap the center palette view it.
- You can now select the area of an image or photograph when importing image colors.
- Any iOS device running iOS 5.1 or greater.
- Some features require a network connection - Edge, 3G, or WiFi. The features are:
- Importing from a URL
- Emailing a palette
- Data transfers to/from Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, or FTP
Please visit the support forum to leave feedback, ask questions, or report an issue.
Or send an email to 'firstname.lastname@example.org'.